Re: Latest recommendation for asmlib + number of LUNs

From: Bobak, Mark <Mark.Bobak_at_proquest.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2013 15:37:09 +0000

I have to disagree with Niall's contention that ASMLib only provides those two features.

If you commit to running UEK, there is also the T10 data protection (DIF/DIX) that is only available via ASMLib. This provides data checksumming from the database all the way through to the storage array. IMHO, this is where the real value of ASMLib is, as it's providing something that's otherwise unavailable.

-Mark

PS More info on T10 data protections and ASMLib is available here: https://blogs.oracle.com/wim/entry/asmlib

(Search for "T10".)