RedHat 6 RAC Specific Questions & Concerns

From: <Christopher.Taylor2_at_Parallon.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2013 09:52:48 -0500

We're not on RH6 yet and are still on RH5.8 with Oracle 10.2 but I'm trying to think ahead and need some information from those of you running RAC on RHEL 6. Since OCFS2 is no longer supported on RH 6, what clustering filesystem should be used for voting disks etc?

I see that Oracle ACFS doesn't support OCR and voting files: http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E11882_01/server.112/e18951/asmfilesystem.htm

So where do you store OCR and voting files?

Maybe I'm overthinking this (or missing something entirely) and need to find an install guide for Oracle RAC on RHEL 6...

Chris D. Taylor
Oracle DBA
Parallon ITS
6640 Carothers Parkway