Re: DBMS_SCHEDULER and snapshot standby

From: Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2013 10:16:14 +0100

See Raj's mail and review the MOS note 1551817.1 - the patch mentioned didn't work as advertised for us on 11.2.0.2 so we reverted to the old manual method of create restore point and activate the standby. Then the DB_ROLE is correct. It looks like its a bug caused by introducing SNAPSHOT STANDBY and database role aware jobs in the same release.

On Wed, Aug 14, 2013 at 9:58 AM, Sanjay Madan <madan.sanjay_at_gmail.com>wrote:

> Nial
>
> The jobs havnt disappeared I think. The view user_schedular_jobs, for some
> reason , has " database_role = 'PRIMARY' " explicitly mentioned. That
> causes the jobs not to get picked up by the view. As a workaround, we
> created a view where we removed that database_role condition. The pain is
> that everytime we enable the cascade, we need to recreate this manual view.
>
> The jobs actually fire on schedule. They are just not displayed.
>
> Sanjay
>

> On Thu, Aug 8, 2013 at 3:34 PM, Niall Litchfield <
> niall.litchfield_at_gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi list
>> While I wait for support's answer on this, does anyone know if
>> dbms_scheduler is supported in a snapshot standby database. All of our
>> jobs
>> have disappeared and we can't apparently create new ones.
>>
>> --
>> Niall Litchfield
>> Oracle DBA
>> http://www.orawin.info