DR technique

From: Hubler, Daniel <daniel.hubler_at_aurora.org>
Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2013 21:33:50 +0000

Having some debate here as to whether the following idea should work. Looking for input. . . . . .
Setting up contracts for DR testing at hot site. Going to contract for a single AIX node and use that to restore the database of our 2-node RAC.

Thinking is that we should be able to build that single AIX node, without all the extra "RAC stuff" (private network, switch, etc.) and restore the RAC software from our backup tape.

So we would basically be restoring only one node of the 2-node RAC.

And then successfully restore/recover the database from an RMAN backup.

Can we make this work?