11.2.0.3 2-node RAC Installation

From: MacGregor, Ian A. <ian_at_slac.stanford.edu>
Date: Fri, 9 Aug 2013 10:39:40 -0700

The installation works perfectly until we are running the root.sh script. It does most of what it needs to but fails when trying to rmtcopy.

"Failed to rmtcopy "/tmp/fileYX17Oj" to "/u1/oracle/product/11.2.0/grid/gpnp/manifest.txt" for nodes ..."

All the the information we have seen about setting up "passwordless" ssh is for the owner of the GridInrastructure. This passes all the tests and the "Remote System Operations" part of the install works.

It is only root.sh where we are having problems. Do you have to setup root in the same was as the grid infrastructure owner?

Ian A. MacGregor
SLAC National Accelerator Laboratory
Computing Division
To offer the best IT service at the lab and be the IT provider of choice.-- http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Fri Aug 09 2013 - 19:39:40 CEST