Re: POWER vs Intel for DB loads

From: Rich Jesse <rjoralist2_at_society.servebeer.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Aug 2013 11:20:39 -0500 (CDT)

Karl writes:

> While you don't have the machine yet.. you can do all these comparisons
> using specint_rate2006, depends on what P750 you are getting then compare
> it to your intel hardware of choice. Here's the data points

Thanks Karl and others for the spec suggestion. I did look at that, but missed the POWER 750 because IBM didn't supply numbers for specint2006, just specint_rate2006. Curious...unless specint2006 is just easy to calculate (rate/cores)?

I also looked at TPC even though I feel it's heavily skewed by unreasonable configurations. But no POWER 750 for C, E, or H.

That's OK. The specint_rate2006 seems to lean (heavily!) toward POWER.

Thanks again!

Rich