Re: Perhaps a _REALLY_ dumb question from an experienced dba?

From: rjamya <rjamya_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Aug 2013 15:24:41 -0400

I'd say, FETCH follows the execution plan decided, fetches ARRAYSIZE worth of rows, returns them to client, once gets ack that those have been received, it fetches next set until it is all done. I dont think result set is built, just the path is pre-built for fetch to follow (until you use 12c).
I am sure Tanel has done some truss/stract/dtrace and prove that :)

I could be wrong, but that is how understand it.