Re: Re-scale oracle polygon using a factor

From: Hans Forbrich <fuzzy.graybeard_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2013 18:37:47 -0600

On 31/07/2013 6:04 PM, Eriovaldo Andrietta wrote:
> Hi,
> Is there any resource in the Oracle Spatial to re-scale a polygon, for
> example:

So are you expanding outward from the centroid, or using some other rules to get the increase in area?

 From memory, as far as I know, there is no 10g/11g spatial function to do this directly and I haven't looked at 12c in depth yet. But you can "easily" (sic) write a PL/SQL program to implement your rules. The polygon varray is the 5th element in the SDO_GEOMETRY, you can extract it and operate on each pair or triplet of ordinates.

I find the Pro Oracle Spatial by Kothuri, Beinat and Godfrind (the 10g version, not the 11g version) to be especially important as it has a chapter on PL/SQL that explains this level of operation in very decent detail. (The 11g version of the book is excellent, but has dropped that chapter.)
http://www.amazon.com/Pro-Oracle-Spatial-Ravikanth-Kothuri/dp/1590593839

/Hans