Re: Oracles network logging

From: Hans Forbrich <fuzzy.graybeard_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 27 Jul 2013 08:55:59 -0600

There are a number of possible reasons for each.

For the 12535/12170, one place you want to start looking is the DNS performance. Try adding the host name resolution to the {Windows}/system32/driver/etc/hosts file [temporarily] to see whether the problem reduces. OS and TNS trace route & ping are your friends here.

For the 12518/12564, two places you want to look are the connection rate from the application and the memory page rate. (Are you attempting to create new connections very quickly, are you running short on memory, is the PGA starving, while trying to create new threads)

These are not easy to resolve - good luck. /Hans