Replication Question

From: Dennis Williams <oracledba.williams_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2013 09:54:41 -0500

List,
Our application vendor has a feature based on Oracle Advanced Replication:
  1. Is Replication different in 11g? The manuals mention that in 10g it was trigger-based but is now web-based Enterprise Manager Database Control. Can anyone explain that in simple terms?
  2. Is Replication in 11g R2 reliable? Our database is 10g and we're deciding whether to upgrade to 11.2.
  3. If 11g replication is based on Grid Control, which version of Grid Control do we need?
  4. Can anyone recommend any books or resources to learn Advanced Replication?
  5. Is Replication included in the EE license? It looks like it is, but I just want assurance.

Thank you,
Dennis Williams