Re: Solaris and Veritas clustering training

From: Dennis Williams <oracledba.williams_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2013 13:30:07 -0500

Malcolm,
The big one is to tattoo on the back of your hands: "Freeze Before Shutdown".

Do you already have some Unix background? Solaris is pretty close to the other Unix/Linux varieties. I like Don Burleson's Unix for Oracle DBAs pocket reference for stuff like finding out how much memory, CPUs, etc.

I took a class from Symantec. I can't recall a book on that.

Dennis