RE: Network Encryption Now FREE or so I have been told.

From: Michael Schmitt <mschmitt_at_uchicago.edu>
Date: Mon, 22 Jul 2013 18:13:12 +0000

Unless I am reading that incorrectly, the link provided by Joshua seems to suggest it is only included free for customers with RAC license?

"Note that implementing COST restrictions in RAC environments require the use of SSL/TLS encryption. Such network encryption features were previously only available to customers who were licensed for Oracle Advanced Security. However, RAC customers who were previously not licensed for Oracle Advanced Security need not be concerned about a licensing restriction as Oracle has updated its licensing to allow these customers the use of these features (namely SSL and TLS) to protect themselves against vulnerability CVE-2012-1675. In other words, Oracle has added Oracle Advanced Security SSL/TLS to the Enterprise Edition Real Application Clusters (Oracle RAC) and RAC One Node options, and added Oracle Advanced Security SSL/TLS to the Oracle Database Standard Edition license when used with the Real Application Clusters."