Re: Log File Switch Completion

From: Nuno Souto <dbvision_at_iinet.net.au>
Date: Mon, 22 Jul 2013 22:17:58 +1000

Why would support be worried about 1GB log file beats me. I assume you are on archive redo log mode, and that you are concerned with waits on that event?
It isn't necessarily bad. I've been on 1GB redo logs in my DW for nearly 5 years now and no sweat.
It is all very contingent on what your db is doing. Is it for EBS or some other DSS/OLTP application?
If so then yes, I'd be concerned with reducing the switch completion event wait. But it all hinges on how much wait you are experiencing. Some numbers, release levels, OS levels, etc, would be welcome. As well, the nature of the db and its applications.
--
Cheers
Nuno Souto