Re: Tools/monitoring question

From: John Hurley <hurleyjohnb_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Jul 2013 16:45:12 -0700 (PDT)

Pete:
# All you gotta do is migrate all your databases to DB12c, and I just KNOW you're planning that already!  :) While 11.1 was stable enough for us ( on Linux ) it had some fairly serious issues on some other "used to be" heavily tested platforms by Oracle *** cough cough hpux *** *** cough cough solaris ***

I kind of think that perhaps we have gotten enough advertising on oracle l from oracle and/or oracle consultants about 12c and/or 12c grid control to perhaps have gotten way past the overload point here.

Now "if" one is ponying up cash big time for the exadata boxes and premium support and one has the old "on site" oracle consulting staff ... it might look somewhat different from how it appears in the "non cash cow " world.

Just my opinion here ...