RE: Exadata Usage in Non-prod/DR environments

From: Brady, Mark <mbrady_at_allegisgroup.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2013 17:33:42 -0400

To clarify... we'd not be looking for Exadata alone. We'd be looking to outsource an entire data center with everything else including Exadata... Good to get feedback that your keeping your entire environment progression on Exadata, thanks!

From: David Fitzjarrell [mailto:oratune_at_yahoo.com] Sent: Tuesday, July 16, 2013 5:29 PM
To: Brady, Mark; oracle-l_at_freelists.org Subject: Re: Exadata Usage in Non-prod/DR environments

I work for a vendor supplying Exadata equipment and services and the dev/test/uat environment is Exadata, as is production. We're also bringing in more Exadata so it's not unusual to us.

Contact me offline and I'll be happy to discuss this.

David Fitzjarrell

From: "Brady, Mark" <mbrady_at_allegisgroup.com<mailto:mbrady_at_allegisgroup.com>> To: "oracle-l_at_freelists.org<mailto:oracle-l_at_freelists.org>" <oracle-l_at_freelists.org<mailto:oracle-l_at_freelists.org>> Sent: Tuesday, July 16, 2013 3:21 PM
Subject: Exadata Usage in Non-prod/DR environments

To all who own/operate/manage a production Exadata environment...

What platform do you use for dev/test/uat/load environments? Have you bought additional Exadata boxes for those environments?

Is your data center configuration active/passive or active/active?

Do you own both/all data centers or are you outsourcing one/all of them?

Basically I'm trying to evaluate the feasibility of outsourcing our non-prod environments and finding or requiring that vendor to host an exadata platform.

It seems to me that it would be expensive and hard to find. If I'm wrong and these arrangements are commonplace, I'd like to know that too.

This electronic mail (including any attachments) may contain information that is privileged, confidential, and/or otherwise protected from disclosure to anyone other than its intended recipient(s). Any dissemination or use of this electronic mail or its contents (including any attachments) by persons other than the intended recipient(s) is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please notify us immediately by reply e-mail so that we may correct our internal records. Please then delete the original message (including any attachments) in its entirety. Thank you.

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Tue Jul 16 2013 - 23:33:42 CEST

Original text of this message