Re: how to alert if EM DB is down

From: Chris Taylor <christopherdtaylor1994_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2013 11:48:56 -0500

Cronjob if on Unix/Linux, Task Scheduler job if on Windows.

Contents of job should login and check status of database, trap any error and mail/page the DBAs to alert them.

From Windows setting up a mail batch job is more difficult than in Linux/Unix.

Alternatively create a database job in another database with a database link to your EM db and have it run a job to check the status of the database across the database link and alert when exception encountered, again sending an email.

Chris