Re: About Oracle database 12c CDB and PDB

From: Jason Ma <rosegun38_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2013 00:49:16 +0800

Hi Kamus,
1. As mentioned by many gurus, you can create trigger for it. 2. Martin give you a good point, you can check something like cdb_data_files for that info, depending on different context, you will get the "whole" info or just in the pdb.
3. What command you use, actually you need to login the PDB and run the startup/shutdown to manage the pdbs, if you are in the CDB, try alter database open/shutdown immediate clause for it. Actually I write one long weibo, and you can see the test result there. http://weibo.com/rosegun38

Regards,
Jason

2013/7/15 Martin Klier <usn_at_usn-it.de>

> Hi Kamus,
>
> you may want to have a general look at the CDB_ views, for example
> CDB_PDBS and others. They are usually same as DBA_ views, but extended
> with a CON_ID identifying the pluggable DB.
>
> Regards
> Martin
>
> Kamus schrieb:
>
> > 2. Is there a view that showed all the databases (including CDB and all
> the PDBs) information? like V$DATABASES for all the databases.
> >
> > 3. When will the ORA-24543 should occurred? Yesterday I tried to using
> "startup" to open the PDB, I got ORA-24543 error.
> >
> > SQL> startup ORA-24543: instance startup OR shutdown NOT allowed IN
> pluggable DATABASE
> >
> > Today I tried again, it worked. What I modified is enable the
> multi-threaded database mode by setting threaded_execution=TRUE. Does it
> related?
> >
> > SQL> SHOW USER USER IS "SYS" SQL> startup Pluggable DATABASE opened.
> SQL> SQL> SHOW con_name CON_NAME ------------------------------ PDBTEST
>
> --
> Usn's IT Blog for Oracle and Linux
> http://www.usn-it.de