Re: About Oracle database 12c CDB and PDB

From: <rajeevramdas_at_netscape.net>
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2013 08:12:10 -0400 (EDT)

  1. Can I set a PDB open automatically when the CDB is opened?

You can write a trigge that will open all the PDB's, after the CDB is started up. Please refer to the section "Managing CDB's and PDB's", in the Oracle Learning Library OBE, "Performing Basic Tasks in Oracle MultiTenant". http://www.oracle.com/webfolder/technetwork/tutorials/obe/db/12c/r1/pdb/pdb_basics/pdb_basics.html

create or replace trigger Sys.After_Startup after startup on database begin

   execute immediate 'alter pluggable database all open'; end After_Startup;
/

shutdown immediate

startup

select name, open_mode from v$pdbs;