Re: Threaded execution (was: Interesting Bugs in 12cR1)

From: Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Jul 2013 19:08:36 +0100

On Jul 12, 2013 6:28 PM, "Frits Hoogland" <frits.hoogland_at_gmail.com> wrote:

> It depends on where the time is spend. Use perf top or record to
> measure functions for threaded and non threaded performance.
I'm so glad you said that :). Consistently when I do this (on a vm) the greatest single sample count is for acpi_pm_read. There's no good explanation I've found for this. I have some ideas but 30% of samples in this call compared with <5% in the various qer* Oracle function calls seems wrong in a swingbench test. I suspect I'm missing the idiots guide to perf/linux kernel functions..