RE: Semi-OT: MS DB != Oracle DB

From: Goulet, Richard <Richard.Goulet_at_parexel.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2013 15:30:35 +0000

Well you could try the following from our upper management on for size:

" All,
We want to push postgres SQL as the primary DB of choice for all new applications.

We should add a notation in the IDLC stating such and should push back on anyone who wishes to use Oracle or SQL.

If the requirement is such that Oracle/MSSQL is needed, then we can acquiesce, but if there is no hard requirement for these DB's them PG SQL should be our defacto standard.

-Best regards,"

Richard Goulet
Senior Oracle DBA/NA TEAM Lead