Re: how to improve impdp

From: Nuno Souto <dbvision_at_iinet.net.au>
Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2013 20:29:54 +1000

Just a quick one on stats:
  • I have a lot of tables with stats in both DW and of course PS.
  • When using datapump expimp to clone schemas across dbs, I found it's actually faster to not expimp statistics for each table.
  • One way around the need to then recalc stats is to save the stats in a special table - see the DBMS_STATS doco on how to do this - then clone that table with a simple CTAS across a dblink and then use DBMS_STATS package aqgain to reset stats from it in the target db. Overall this is heaps faster than a stats recalc and significantly faster than letting datapump manipulate stats on a table-by-table base.

Usual disclaimers apply and I am running 11.2.0.3.

--
Cheers
Nuno Souto