RE: how to improve impdp

From: Hsieh, Joan <Joan.Hsieh_at_tufts.edu>
Date: Tue, 9 Jul 2013 15:15:32 +0000

We can freeze the AIX production on Friday night, do the expdp, and scp to LINUX, drop the sysadm user cascase on LINUX, re-import (impdp to LINUX database). So there shouldn't be a network issue. Right? Joan

From: Steve Harville [mailto:steve.harville_at_gmail.com] Sent: Tuesday, July 09, 2013 10:26 AM
To: Hsieh, Joan
Cc: oracle_l
Subject: Re: how to improve impdp

You can eliminate the export and the space required for the export using impdp over a network link. Also you can increase the number of parallel processes. The bottleneck should be the network in this case. A fast network connection is best. You can test it during the week - no downtime required. During the real move you would want to ensure nothing is accessing the source database.

Steve Harville

http://SteveHarville.com

On Tue, Jul 9, 2013 at 10:14 AM, Hsieh, Joan <Joan.Hsieh_at_tufts.edu<mailto:Joan.Hsieh_at_tufts.edu>> wrote:

The parameter I used on the impdp as below, do you have any suggestion how to improve the impdp time?

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Tue Jul 09 2013 - 17:15:32 CEST

Original text of this message