Re: hosts vs DNS for RAC

From: Tim Hall <tim_at_oracle-base.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Jul 2013 20:30:23 +0100

Hi.

You can use Dnsmasq on each node if you like.

http://www.oracle-base.com/articles/linux/dnsmasq-for-simple-dns-configurations.php

This will allow you to have 3 SCANs and the installer won't complain because it will see a DNS.

Of course, the external connections that should use a DNS round robin on the scan will not be able to resolve it without pointing to one of the RAC nodes, which will then become a single point of failure.

Cheers

Tim...