RE: EXT :Re: Backup file names with rman run by Grid Control (11g)

From: Schauss, Peter (ESS) <"Schauss,>
Date: Fri, 5 Jul 2013 18:30:42 +0000

Alan,
That is what I was looking for. How do I enter a stored configuration in Grid Control?

Thanks,
Peter Schauss

From: alanbort_at_gmail.com [mailto:alanbort_at_gmail.com] On Behalf Of Guillermo Alan Bort Sent: Friday, July 05, 2013 1:24 PM
To: Schauss, Peter (ESS)
Cc: oracle-l_at_freelists.org
Subject: EXT :Re: Backup file names with rman run by Grid Control (11g)

use rman stored configuration,

configure channel 1 device type disk format 'RMAN FORMAT STRING'; (note that if you use multiple channels then you need to run this for each of them) but this will only accept an RMAN format string, no date from the OS. (you can easily add db name and datetime using RMAN masks instead of having to use OS tools. check them out here: http://ss64.com/ora/rman_format_string.html hth

Alan.-

On Fri, Jul 5, 2013 at 12:52 PM, Schauss, Peter (ESS) <peter.schauss_at_ngc.com<mailto:peter.schauss_at_ngc.com>> wrote: Environment: Oracle 11.2.0.3 - Windows

On UNIX systems, I have been able to control what the backup file names look like by using a combination of shell and rman variables when I allocate a channel. For example:

BASE_NAME= 'date+$1_%y%m%d%H%M%S' (where $1 is the database name) ...
Rman target ...
{
allocate channel ch1 type disk format '$BACKUP_DIR2/${BASE_NAME}_1_%U.rbk'; ...

When I set up my backups with grid control, it uses the value that I enter in the disk backup location field (Backup Settings->device) to determine where to put the backup files, but the names are cryptic. Is there a way to specify the format?

Thanks,
Peter Schauss

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Fri Jul 05 2013 - 20:30:42 CEST

Original text of this message