RE: MV Refresh to a specific SCN/PIT or consistently

From: <tim_at_evdbt.com>
Date: Thu, 04 Jul 2013 12:25:41 -0700

 Materialized view refresh groups (http://docs.oracle.com/= cd/B28359_01/server.111/b28326/repmview.htm#i27670[1]) are designed for de= aling with this situation.
=0A=0A=0A-------- Original Message -= -------
=0ASubject: MV Refresh to a specific SCN/PIT or consistently
  • =0AFrom: Guillermo Alan Bort <ci= cciuxdba_at_gmail.com[2]>
    =0ADate: Thu, July 04, 2013 1:12 pm
    =0ATo:= oracle-l-freelists <oracle-l_at_= freelists.org[3]>
    =0A
    =0AHi,
    =0A We have a set of (near 700) = tables (about 300G) that we need to
    replicate
    =0Aevery night and keep st= atic. The idea is that we have an environment
    frozen
    =0Ato the day befor= e where we can run certain reports and stuff like that.
    The
    =0Aarchitect= decided to implement materialized views to solve this problem.
    =0AHowev= er, we are now facing the problem that since the MV refresh
    doesn't
    =0Ah= appen at the same time for all the tables (some take up to an hour) we
    end=0Aup with inconsistent data (child records with no parent).
    =0A
  • =0A We are looking for a way to keep the data consistent. We thought of us=ing
    =0Athe SCN, but that would require manually issuing the refresh stat= ement
    =0Awhich won't happen since it's a daily task.
    =0A
    =0A Does= anyone have any idea, insight, notion or experience about
    something
    =0A= like this?
    =0A
    =0A This is on 11.2.0.3 on exadata