Re: 12c: changes on licensing?

From: Matthew Zito <matt_at_crackpotideas.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Jul 2013 16:50:30 -0400

Call me cynical, but maybe the sales person was trying to push through a sale earlier rather than later - i.e. "Buy this exadata now, when the multiplier is .5, and get as much as possible so you have extra capacity, instead of waiting for the multiplier to go up" - regardless of whether that's the actual plan.
I am sure that is against all kinds of Oracle policies internally, but sales people in all kinds of fields have been known to wander off the reservation when faced with the stark reality of their quota.

Matt