Re: EM 12c Administration groups

From: Scott Stefick <sstefick_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Jul 2013 14:09:46 -0500

Thanks to you both for your response.
Pete,
What I'm actually trying to do is break up my databases between different business units for monitoring/alerting. I was using the Prod/Dev/Test model, but I was actually wanting to do something like:
AdminGrp0 --> NonProd --> (no underlying groups)
AdminGrp0 --> Prod --> (no underlying groups)
AdminGrp0 --> Mission Critical --> BusinessUnit1 and BusinessUnit2 (2
groups)
AdminGrp0 --> ExternalDepartments --> ExtDept1 , ExtDept2 , ExtDept3 , ExtDept4 , ExtDept5 , ExtDept6 , ExtDept7 (7 groups)

Each of the groups at the bottom will have different monitoring needs. In our current EM10g setup, we have them all separated within Targets --> Groups --> (11 different monitoring groups).

I saw the admin groups in 12c and thought I'd be able to better organize the business needs within different Administrative groups. Is that possible?

Thanks in advance for your help!
-Scott