Re: 12c grid control

From: Guillermo Alan Bort <cicciuxdba_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Jul 2013 15:07:56 -0300

Pete,
  this is actually a concern for me. I am mostly and mainly a DBA, so I know how to get the database software. Convoluted as it is, OTN, Edelivery, and ultimately any useful release comes form MOS, at least since they moved patchsets to out of place installs. So when I want to get software utilitary to my DBA tasks, like Grid Control, I expect to find it the same way, in the same place. It is a minor annoyance, but one all too noticeable once you start downloading more stuff (golden gate, weblogic, etc).

  I can understand beta releases to be available only on OTN, because they are meant for the tech community alone and in no way are they ready for production. But I would love a centralized download repository for all software and patchsets, behind the SSO... which after all is what a SSO system is for.

Cheers

Alan.-