RE: 12c: changes on licensing?

From: Mark W. Farnham <mwf_at_rsiz.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Jul 2013 13:50:15 -0400

I'm not sure off the top of my head on Change Data Capture, and I agree long term trends are valid concerns.

However: Securefiles has long (possibly forever) been included without additional options. [Regardless of what anyone (a salesman perhaps) claims, advanced security is NOT required for secure files.]

Quoting Kevin from oracle-l on a thread from 2013-May:
"

SecureFiles is part of Oracle Database 11g, and does not require you to license any options. If you want to compress and/or deduplicate your SecureFiles LOBs, then you need to license ACO, and if you want to encrypt your SecureFiles LOBs, then you need to license ASO. So, you can go forward in production with SecureFiles LOBs without having to license anything more than the database itself.

-KJ

*Kevin Jernigan* 	(650) 607-0392 (o)
*Senior Director Product Management* 	(415) 710-8828 (m)
kevin.jernigan_at_oracle.com
"

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org [oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Niall Litchfield [niall.litchfield_at_gmail.com] Sent: Wednesday, July 03, 2013 6:33 AM
To: fuzzy.graybeard_at_gmail.com
Cc: ORACLE-L

Though to Oracle's credit there's only one *new* option so existing customers with the relevant options will be able to take advantage of many of them.
To their detriment its the one thing they've been plugging for months the multi-tenant capability. Which bears a striking resemblance to mature non-extra cost features that competitors have had for years.

ç--