Re: desc indexes howto

From: David Fitzjarrell <oratune_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Jul 2013 08:32:56 -0700 (PDT)

DBA_OBJECTS will give you that information if it's an index, DBA_CONSTRAINTS will provide details if it's an actual constraint (it's a foreign key constraint you've tried to violate).  A basic query of DBA_CONSTRAINTS to return the barest of information regarding that constraint would be:

select d.owner, c.table_name, d.table_name, d.constraint_name, d.r_constraint_name from dba_constraints c join dba_constraints d on d.r_constraint_name = c.constraint_name where d.constraint_name = 'SYS_C0057216' /
This should return the owner, parent table, child table, referencing constraint name and referenced constraint name.

David Fitzjarrell