Re: Archive log file sizes at OS is different from i get the values.

From: Ryan January <rjjanuary_at_multiservice.com>
Date: Wed, 03 Jul 2013 08:16:01 -0500

The v$archived_log view shows all log locations and threads for the entire database.
I'd agree that there's likely two log destinations. (33958/2 = 16979) Are you using Data Guard? That's the most common usage of secondary log destinations I've run across.

A second, albeit much less likely, scenario is that this could be a 2 node RAC system with each node's archived logs stored in separate locations.

On 06/21/2013 06:30 AM, rjamya wrote:
> I am guessing you have more than 1 archive log destination you are writing
> to, try adding "* and dest_id = 1*" in your where clause.
>
> On Fri, Jun 21, 2013 at 7:21 AM, Bala Krishna <krishna000_at_gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> what am i missing here?

This email is intended solely for the use of the addressee and may
contain information that is confidential, proprietary, or both.
If you receive this email in error please immediately notify the
sender and delete the email..