Re: desc indexes howto

From: Gus Spier <gus.spier_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Jul 2013 06:25:50 -0400

We just went through this exercise.
Use ALL_CONSTRAINTS to determine the tables involved.

Use ALL_CONS_COLUMNS to determine the columns involved.

DELETE the offending row in the child table.

DELETE the desired row in the original target table.

In our case, cascading referential integrity constraints (foreign keys) compelled us to repeat this process to three levels. (DELETE the grand-child row, then the child row, and finally the target row.

Good luck!

Gus