Re: 12c grid control

From: Nuno Souto <dbvision_at_iinet.net.au>
Date: Tue, 02 Jul 2013 20:32:56 +1000

On 2/07/2013 8:05 AM, Gus Spier wrote:

> and my team is simply the transition from "management by
> script/cronjob" to modern, gui-driven enterprise management and cloud
> control. We are contracted to perform "first echelon maintenance".

Oh, you're in for a nice surprise with OEM/EM. It's a good tool for a lot of things.

> going to have to understand OEM from the ground up, eventually. But
> for right now, just getting a handle on tablespaces, file systems,
> listeners, and data block corruption is an adventure. Adapting OEM
> 12c for first line maintenance troops, in terms suitable for those of

There is always the current OEM that comes with every release. I've found the one from 11.2.0.3 to be remarkably stable and usable, and that was a very big surprise - I've always had a bad vibe with OEM, but this one is quite good. I do recommend you spend some time with it, you may well find it is a good entry point and stepping stone for EM12c.

--
Cheers
Nuno Souto