Re: Concurrent EXCHANGE PARTITION / IND PARTITON REBUILD

From: Kevin Jernigan <kevin.jernigan_at_oracle.com>
Date: Mon, 01 Jul 2013 11:40:06 -0500

Could you compress and/or move the older partitions without moving them to a separate table? You would still gain the benefits of storage tiering and compression tiering, and you'd be able to make the tablespaces read only, without having to deal with referential integrity issues when removing data from a table...KJ
--
Kevin Jernigan
Senior Director Product Management