Re: 12c grid control

From: Nuno Souto <dbvision_at_iinet.net.au>
Date: Sun, 30 Jun 2013 21:54:47 +1000

On 30/06/2013 2:44 AM, Kellyn Pot'vin wrote:
> Thanks for getting that corrected, Hans. Yes, EM12c is built, with and with added plug-in support to manage and monitor all DB12c databases.

Someone else use it in production databases, then. I and a lot of others won't, for a long time.
And guess what? We won't "lose our jobs" because of it, as irresponsible marketeers have suggested so many times since release 7. What was that definition of madness again?...

Reasons? Already explained in other replies from Hans. And the simple reality that NOT ONE release of Oracle since 7 has been stable in the first year of release.
There is a FUNDAMENTAL difference between play systems in virtualized laptops and reliable and trustworthy production. Although few nowadays seem to grasp it: very cloudy concept, apparently.

I'm quite sure heaps of "scientific proof" will follow that it all works like greased lightning and any problems are just figments that can be dismissed with liberal applications of marketing rose essence.

Fact is: a lot of features from Beta didn't make it to GA. And GA was grossly delayed.
I'm quite sure because it ALL was very stable. And is.

Oh, and phu-leaze: anyone replying to this with "I've had it in production for months and it is very stable": do the entire community a favor and shut the heck up.

--

Cheers
Nuno Souto