Re: 12c grid control

From: Kellyn Pot'vin <kellyn.potvin_at_ymail.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2013 12:38:41 -0700 (PDT)

I  won't lie-  I'm surprised to see this is still a question.  EM12c was released over a year ago and it's been prime time for many companies for quite some time.  I had about 50% in my sessions this last week at KSCOPE and I'm moving every one of my customers to it that aren't.  The only issue I really saw in the last release were: Stand alone-  extensive redo log issue that was corrected with patch. Exadata plugin-  scan listener and other misc. issues, all covered in quarterly patching.

EM12c is quite seasoned as a release at this point.  Hope this helps!

Kellyn Pot'Vin
Senior Technical Consultant
Enkitec
DBAKevlar.com
RMOUG Director of Training Days 2013

~Tombez sept fois, se relever huit!

 From: Ram K <lambu999_at_gmail.com>
To: oracle-l <oracle-l_at_freelists.org> Sent: Friday, June 28, 2013 1:28 PM
Subject: 12c grid control

List
I was checking around on 12c grid control (or cloud control). I want to check to see if it is ready for prime time. Are the listers using it in their prod environments without any major issues.

I came across this:
http://www.freelists.org/post/oracle-l/Oracle-Grid-Control-12c,5

and this: https://forums.oracle.com/message/10617923

Would like to know if 12c is settled and stable. We are thinking of installing on a new server to start off monitoring the dev first and slowly add prods to that.

--

Thanks,
Ram.

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Fri Jun 28 2013 - 21:38:41 CEST