RE: Inserting long columns

From: Mark W. Farnham <mwf_at_rsiz.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2013 23:17:03 -0400

Do be certain to set the LONG sqlplus parameter to at least the length of your longest long value (if you set it to less you are telling Oracle to silently truncate longer values). If memory serves the default is 80 and that is probably *NOT* what you want.

Some experimentation with the settings of arraysize and copycommit are also in order if you need to optimize the throughput.

I'd take a swipe at 512 and 4 and then maybe 1024 and 4, etc., (keep going if it keeps getting better, stop if you reach a plateau, avoid CTD).

mwf