FAN call-out event for Oracle VIP resource in Grid 11.2.0.3

From: Hameed, Amir <Amir.Hameed_at_xerox.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2013 17:22:17 +0000

Folks,
I have created a VIP resource - by using the appvipcfg utility - in my four-node RAC cluster. The appvipcfg utility does not have the capability to assign a default primary node to the VIP resource; it does have the failback option though. I would like to run this resource primarily on one specific node but allow it to failover to any other node. I was looking into using the server-side FAN call-out events to see if upon CRS startup, I could bring up the VIP resource on the node where I would like it to run. However, when I direct the FAN payload to a log file, I do not see a FAN event getting generated for the VIP resource. I am looking for a way for the VIP resource to always start in a specific node. Is there a way to do this? Thanks,
Amir