RE: Oracle Database 12c Personal Edition for Linux!

From: Mark W. Farnham <mwf_at_rsiz.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2013 14:00:16 -0400

If you go to Oracle Store, database products, second page, you'll see Personal Oracle. If you look below, you'll see the media pack.

I believe that is the same media pack you get if you order enterprise edition, and that your license to use a single named user and any other conditions in the personal oracle purchase terms are what limits you (not being a different product, per se).

If you order the media pack, I guess that is the surest way you have the correct product, but if you click on the media pack name it takes you to the same description as enterprise edition, so my presumption is you want to download enterprise edition (unless I suppose you want to develop something to be specifically sure it works with some lesser edition - which I think is also covered by the personal license terms.) In this way I think they are giving a moderate cost for being able to develop for all the flavors with support access.

I am not a lawyer. I have not read the fine print. So take this with a grain of salt.

Yet I would not understand how you could be developing for enterprise edition on different software with a reasonable expectation it would work the same, so this makes sense to me.

mwf