Re: 12c appears to be available on https://edelivery.oracle.com

From: Guillermo Alan Bort <cicciuxdba_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2013 20:05:39 -0300

There are a lot of new features I think are really cool. where to start! The async index maintenance for partition drops (and truncates) will probably improve our DWH maintenance schedules a LOT. Not to speak of the cross platform backup and restore, and table level recovery from rman backupsets. Oh, and FINALLY we'll get our own built in autoincrement functionality and won't have to deal with annoying (and usually bugged) triggers to populate IDs because the application is either "database agnostic" (if there is such a thing) or worse (or maybe better) the developers are way too lazy to call the sequence in their inserts :-P So... does this mean I can finally start telling our customers still on 11.1 to upgrade because that version is no longer supported?

I need to get a few days of low workload to install this on a couple of VMs and play around a little...

Alan.-