RE: 10.2.0.4 / New Hugepages / JDBC Thin connections slow connect ?

From: Josh Collier <Josh.Collier_at_banfield.net>
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2013 15:34:15 +0000

When you have enabled huge pages, and verified that your SGA is going into the huge pages pool, Doesn't the SGA get pre-paged regardless of this particular parameter (pre_page_sga)?

The way I understand it, with huge pages enabled, the SGA is loaded(paged-in) completely on instance startup. Do I have a misunderstanding?

Josh C