Re: Measuring IOPS

From: Martin Klier <usn_at_usn-it.de>
Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2013 14:29:10 +0200

Hi CP,

monitoring such OS near metrics, I'd suggest to do the collection on OS. Database metrics are valuable, but for absolute numbers I'd suggest to use tools like iostat ot iotop for real time monitoring, and stuff like nmon (Nigels Monitor) for historical values.

They all have very low footprint and are very easy to handle.

Best regards
Martin Klier

C P schrieb:
> All,
> We are coming up with a design for a newer system for one of our existing
> applications. We are trying to find out the IOPS of the existing system. I
> can get some information from the v$filestat, but that seems to be from
> instance startup. We are more interested in knowing the IOs during peak
> hours, week end hours, IO during the batch operations, etc going back a
> month or two. Is there a another place to get that information. Thanks.
>
> CP.

Usn's IT Blog for Linux, Oracle, Asterisk
http://www.usn-it.de