Re: audit_trail=os

From: Jay Hostetter <hostetter.jay_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2013 07:22:19 -0400

grep is OK, but at a previous job I had a script that would check AUD$ for certain undesirable activities (like x failed logins for a user in the last 15 minutes). Seems like that would be a bit hard to script using grep. Plus I'd have to look up the action codes. Maybe I'm just being lazy, since the SQL was straightforward.
External tables would be an option. I may have to explore that route a bit further.

Thank you for the responses.

Jay