RE: Measuring IOPS

From: <Christopher.Taylor2_at_parallon.net>
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2013 16:26:53 -0500

Are you using grid control or DBConsole?

Grid Control collects IOPS for long periods of time for databases it is connected to.

If using Grid, connect to the Grid Repository database and start with these to see if they can get you something like you're wanting: (change the dates accordingly and you may have to play with the target_name value)

select target_name, target_type, metric_name, metric_column, metric_label,column_label, collection_timestamp, value  from SYSMAN.MGMT$METRIC_DETAILS
where columN_label = 'Total Disk I/O Per Second' and target_guid in (select target_guid from sysman.mgmt_targets where target_name like '%&host_name%') and collection_timestamp between to_date('05/22/2013 00:00:00','MM/DD/YYYY HH24:MI:SS') and to_date('05/22/2013 04:00:00','MM/DD/YYYY HH24:MI:SS') order by target_name, collection_timestamp /
select target_name, target_type, metric_name, metric_column, column_label, rollup_timestamp, sample_count, average, minimum, maximum, standard_deviation  from sysman.mgmt$metric_hourly
where target_guid in (select target_guid from sysman.mgmt_targets where target_name like '%&host_name%') and rollup_timestamp between to_date('05/21/2013 22:00:00','MM/DD/YYYY HH24:MI:SS') and to_date('05/22/2013 04:00:00','MM/DD/YYYY HH24:MI:SS')
--and key_value like 'emc%'

and column_label = 'Total Disk I/O Per Second' order by target_name, rollup_timestamp
/