RE: Thoughts on SQL tuning disorder

From: <Christopher.Taylor2_at_parallon.net>
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2013 15:25:05 -0500

Yeah that is a tough situation. I wouldn't call it tuning disorder if your boss is setting a type of requirement (too reduce CPU usage). You could always drop indexes and increase the IO usage to reduce the CPU usage ;)

Chris

From: Sandra Becker [mailto:sbecker6925_at_gmail.com] Sent: Thursday, June 20, 2013 3:18 PM
To: Taylor Christopher - Nashville; oracle-l Subject: Re: Thoughts on SQL tuning disorder

Thanks. I'll take a look at the book. I tend to focus only on those SQL that cause problems. Plenty of other things to do. My new boss gets antsy about all the CPU these queries use when they run and wants to know what I'm doing about it. Performance overall is good and customers aren't complaining doesn't cut it with him. Feel like I'm between a rock and a hard place. Maybe the boss will listen to the consultant. Sandy