Re: Using DBMS_METADATA/DBMS_REDFINITION to move all objects to another TS

From: Rich Jesse <rjoralist2_at_society.servebeer.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2013 11:53:22 -0500 (CDT)

Andrew replies:

> Interesting, I ran into something very similar doing a project for a
> client. I ended up pulling back the metadata and using the replace
> function on the metadata to generate the new name. Just remember that you
> have to be very specific about the string that is replaced or you can have
> problems.
> I might be able to track down the code again if you want a specific
> example. let me know if you need it.

Yeah, I'm already doing that to have the new tables SEGMENT CREATION DEFERRED in order to save space on the ~2700 tables that are empty (they were originally created when the DB was 10g). But where that is a clearly defined string to replace, the semi-random index names are a wee bit trickier.

Thanks anyway!

Rich