Re: EMGC license question

From: Hans Forbrich <fuzzy.graybeard_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2013 16:18:23 -0600

Unfortunately, the document does not say the Cloud Control is free to use if you have a software or support contract.

It ambiguously says - *if you have the cloud control*, the following is free to use at no additional charge with any s/w license or support contract..

"The base installation of Enterprise Manager Cloud Control 12c includes several features free of charge with the purchase of any Oracle software license or Support contract.:"

Nowhere does it explicitly say how to license Cloud Control in the first place. It is somewhat implied, but definitely ambiguous.

What it possibly should say is

"The base installation of Enterprise Manager Cloud Control 12c, with the Base Framework features, is included free of charge with the purchase of any Oracle software license or Support contract. The additional Base features listed below are available with the appropriate s/w license and may only be used to manage products that have been appropriately licensed."

Picky, picky, picky .... but so are Oracle's legal team. /Hans