RE: Oracle migration using shareplex or goldengate or TTS

From: John Hallas <John.Hallas_at_morrisonsplc.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2013 20:04:52 +0100

Two good answers so far, both coming down on the side of GG over TTS. My two pennies worth is that for all the difficulties of TTS I would prefer the consistency of taking a full tablepace(s) across intact and knowing no rows could be missing or out of sync. Factor in that TTS does not cost anything extra then it seems a no brainer.

However if you have to have no outage migration (which is not what the op needed) then TTS is no use and GG/Shareplex is the tool of choice.

I have used Shareplex in the past for a migration and it was a good tool. I am sure GG (which we use but not for migrations) is just as good.

John