Re: OS upgrade testing

From: Chris Taylor <christopherdtaylor1994_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2013 14:02:03 -0500

Going to 5.x from a lower 5.x version is not much of a big deal.

However our RH Linux admins have expressed concerns of trying to upgrade 5.x to 6.x due to some known issues they said. I haven't polled them on the specifics however.

(If using OCFS2 read this otherwise skip it: Oracle dropped support for OCFS2 on RH 6+ and leaves it to the software vendor (RH) to build and provide and support an OCFS2 module.

Oracle will still provide OCFS2 support and software for OEL 6+.)

Chris

Sent from my mobile device. Please ignore any typos.