Re: read only access to oem

From: Ram Srinivasan <srinivasanram2004_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Jun 2013 16:07:03 -0400

On 12c OEM, you have lots of ROLES, and lots of privs. Here are some roles.
 APP_ADMIN, APP_DBA, EM_ALL_ADMINISTRATOR, EM_ALL_DESIGNER, EM_ALL_VIEWER, EM_BASIC_SUPPORT_REP, EM_DB_SERVICE_SUPPORT_REP and many others. You have to ask for these roles
  Recently I have installed oem 12c. All my DBAs love this 12c version more than 10g version. 12c OEM is really powerful. I can install the grid agent from 12c OEM on any remote servers.

Ram Srinivasan

On Fri, Jun 14, 2013 at 11:34 AM, Dba DBA <oracledbaquestions_at_gmail.com>wrote:

> Another company has the operations support contract. There contract does
> not include any performance monitoring and we have minimal access to
> production. I am going to ask for read only access to the OEM. The last OEM
> version I installed and used was 10g. I remember the read only features
> here were not very good. You could restrict the DBs you got access to, but
> you could not restrict the screens.
> Im not sure what version they are using. In 11g or 12c, has oracle given
> more tools for read only access? I really just want access to the
> performance screens and the sql worksheet. ( I need to keep my requests
> very limited or I get a straight up no).
>
> if I ask for this, can it be configured to only give me access to a few
> screens? To alleviate there concerns is there anything else I can suggest
> they restrict to reduce the chance that I will cause issues. I have done
> alot of oncall 24x7 pager work and I try to be sensitive when someone else
> has the pagers. I find its usually appreciated.

Sincerely
Ram Srinivasan